February 20, 2012

DIY: Beaded Cactus

Do you like cacti?  I love them. I used to have a dozen of them on my window-sill. 
Today I will show how make this beaded cute cactus:)
 

Materials and Tools:
Seed beads, green, size 11/0
Craft wire 28 ga
Wire-cutters
Arranger
Clay pot
Glue (glue gun with plastic sticks) 

String a large amount of beads (size 11/0) on a spool of  28ga wire.
Slipping the first 5 beads, insert wire through the next 5 beads, and tighten.
Leave about 1 inch (25mm) of loose wire from one end and 1/4" (6mm) from another. Cut the wire. Now, you have 1 thorn. Make 3 thorns...
Join 3 thorns together twisting long ends.
Be patient: I made more than 100 bundles of thorns for my little cactus!
I used ball arranger as a base for my cactus (diameter -1 3/4" (45 mm). Attach it to the clay pot with a glue- gun... Stick bundles into the arranger.
If you wish, you can make beaded flowers and stick them into the top of cactus.

You can find this tutorial in Russian here .

2 comments: