January 27, 2012

Work with WigJig - Part 1

To make  my jewelry I use mostly three kinds of pliers: chain nose, round nose, and flat nose pliers. Sometimes they are just not enough to make some designs. I use a special tool - wire jig that  makes  my life a lot easier when I have an intricate design I need to replicate for earrings or a design that I need to repeat.
It can be  just like this pair of earrings that look like twins :)
Or this Celtic set:
I love making simple designs, but sometimes I want to wrap, wrap, coil, wrap... and get something like this. 
Inca's Gold necklace. One of my favorite works.
All the works above were made using Thing-A-Ma-Jig
Last year, my friend Lena made me a wonderful gift - a new Wig Jig Cyclops. Now, I can make more intricate designs!
Video tutorial is HERE

5 comments:

  1. It is really beautiful!
    Love your works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! so impressive! can't wait to see what WigJig looks like ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the link below of the last photo to see how it looks and how it works

      Delete
  3. Estate jewelry that is out of style can't command premium price. In fact some styles are so out of favor that the jewelry's only value is its intrinsic worth. jewelry in phoenix az

    ReplyDelete